Twitter Feed

LATEST NEWS:

2013-06-22: Transfered all of my 2011 "My Year in Music" posts from Facebook.

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Year in Music - 2011 - #3

[This was originally posted on Facebook only, but I thought I'd make it a bit more accessible and get in in here. Just forgot about it for a couple of years].


MY YEAR IN MUSIC
2011 is coming to an end, and I figured I'd start looking back on some of the music that has emerged on my horizon this year. It's not all new, it's not all brilliant - but it all interests me in some way or another. I thought I'd share.

#3: Russian Circles
This is one of the bands I've actually come across thanks to Last.fm's recommendations function. It's very hit-'n'-miss, of course - but when it does hit, it's very rewarding. Now it doesn't take a genius or highly advanced software to discover that I enjoy post-rock, but it has to be good - and Russian Circles certainly is.

"Empros", released this year, is the Chicago band's fourth album - and in what seems to be a nasty pattern for 2011 (more on that later), it's not their best work. Russian Circles on half throttle is still pretty excellent, though - so here's "Atackla". 7:29 might seem a bit long to you, but that may just mean you're an impatient pinhead. Give it a chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment