Twitter Feed

LATEST NEWS:

2013-06-22: Transfered all of my 2011 "My Year in Music" posts from Facebook.

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Year in Music - 2011 - #1

[This was originally posted on Facebook only, but I thought I'd make it a bit more accessible and get in in here. Just forgot about it for a couple of years].


MY YEAR IN MUSIC
2011 is coming to an end, and I figured I'd start looking back on some of the music that has emerged on my horizon this year. It's not all new, it's not all brilliant - but it all interests me in some way or another. I thought I'd share.

#1: And So I Watch You From Afar
This instrumental trio from Belfast was a chance encounter of mine... so much so that I can't for the life of me recall how I heard about them.
What I do know, is that they have tons of energy, and they sound like they're twice as many as they are. Also, from what I've heard, seeing them live is like being smashed happily unconscious by a brick made of solid cocaine.
I'm hoping I get to experience that in Oslo someday soon.

This tune is from the band's second album - "Gangs" - released in 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment