Twitter Feed

LATEST NEWS:

2013-06-22: Transfered all of my 2011 "My Year in Music" posts from Facebook.

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Year in Music - 2011 - #2

[This was originally posted on Facebook only, but I thought I'd make it a bit more accessible and get in in here. Just forgot about it for a couple of years].


MY YEAR IN MUSIC
2011 is coming to an end, and I figured I'd start looking back on some of the music that has emerged on my horizon this year. It's not all new, it's not all brilliant - but it all interests me in some way or another. I thought I'd share.

#2: Buke and Gase (formerly known as Buke and Gass)
Speaking of few musicians sounding like many musicians: The brilliant duo of Arone Dyer and Aron Sanchez have created a unique and dense sound with their customized, eponymous instruments, the "buke" (baritone ukulele) and "gass/gase" (guitar-bass).
With Arone's voice a fine instrument added to this, and dynamic, interesting songs that suit the sound perfectly, we have a winning combination. I've plugged these guys before, and I will again, until they make it big.
(Thanks again to Radiolab for bringing the band to my attention).

"Sleep Gets Your Ghost" is from their excellent debut album, "Riposte".



No comments:

Post a Comment