Twitter Feed

LATEST NEWS:

2013-06-22: Transfered all of my 2011 "My Year in Music" posts from Facebook.

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Year in Music - 2011 - #5

[This was originally posted on Facebook only, but I thought I'd make it a bit more accessible and get in in here. Just forgot about it for a couple of years].


MY YEAR IN MUSIC
2011 is coming to an end, and I figured I'd start looking back on some of the music that has emerged on my horizon this year. It's not all new, it's not all brilliant - but it all interests me in some way or another. I thought I'd share.

#5: TesseracT
After releasing a mouth-watering Ep in 2010 and a few teasers here and there, the British band called TesseracT [sic] had the music community all excited for a long time... well, the music community in and around their particular genre, of course.
For those who might wonder what genre that might be, I really have no good answer - but it'll probably get pigeonholed into the ever-growing "djent" category. I'm not good with genre labels, but TesseracT's first album, "One", is hard as stone, unforgiving in its complexity, and endlessly rewarding if you're into that kind of thing. I certainly am - "One" is one of my favorite releases this year.

Tesseract. One. Nascent. Not for wimps.


No comments:

Post a Comment